As more people are ditching dairy milk and turning to healthier alternatives, making your plant-based milk has never been easier. As a result of an increase in demand for fresh plant milk, an entire market is dedicated to creating products that cater to this need.
Countless brands are creating their plant-based milk maker. However, making a selection from a wide range of choices can be overwhelming. This article reviews two popular plant-based milk makers and tells you all you need to know to make an informed decision.
Nutr Machine versus Almond Cow
Both Nutr Machine and Almond Cow are big names in the plant-based milk maker space. Although they perform similar functions in extracting milk from plants, some differences set them apart.
We compare below the best features that make both products stand out.
You can click on the buttons below to see and compare current prices.
The Best Features of Nutr Machine
- The milk maker has three heat settings- room temperature, warm and hot.
- It can extract milk from nuts, beans, seeds, and grains, including soy milk.
- The Nutr package includes two measuring spoons, a filter, a cleaning brush, a sticker, and a recipe book.
- It has a glass top that allows you to monitor the action visually.
- It has a boil and keeps warm function.
- It has a 90 seconds self-cleaning function that saves stress.
- The materials used are sustainable and eco-friendly.
- It is beautifully designed and compact.
The Best Features of Almond Cow
- It can make almost all types of plant-based milk.
- It has a sharp blade that works efficiently to extract as much milk from the pulp.
- The package comes with the Almond Cow milk maker and two other options; the starter and the bundle packs.
- It extracts milk with creamy consistency in less than a minute, consuming less electricity.
- The nut milk maker includes a container that you can use to collect the filtered milk.
Both products, Nutr machine, and Almond Cow were designed to make nut milk. However, they can make other plant milk, including coconuts, rice, oat, flaxseed, etc. The essential difference between the two is the hot heat setting that allows the Nutr machine to make soy milk which requires preheating.
Find the other best products at our Best Nut Milk Makers page.
Nutr Machine Review
The Nutr machine is a simple, compact kitchen device that makes nut milk only in minutes. This beautifully designed nut milk maker takes up only a little space when it sits on your countertop. Making nut milk with the Nutr machine is more convenient than using a traditional blender. Its powerful blade would grind nuts finely and extract milk from dry or fresh nuts.
A distinctive feature of the Nutr milk maker is that you can decide what temperature you want your milk to be. It offers three temperature settings- hot, warm, and room temperature setting. The heat setting feature is the main distinguishing factor and advantage the Nutr machine has over the Almond Cow milk maker. The hot temperature setting of the Nutr device enables it to produce hot brew milk from soya beans. Unlike other plant milk, soy milk requires heat to be cooked through before making milk.
The appliance is easy to use and makes a moderate amount of noise. The length of time required to produce milk depends on your chosen heat setting. The no-heat option takes about two minutes; the warm option takes about five minutes, while the hot option takes the longest time about twenty minutes. The milk maker operates in cycles and occasionally pauses till the time required is completed.
After preparing the milk, I love that it has the boil function, which basically boils liquid and keeps it warm, ensuring your milk doesn’t go cold.
- Color: Matte black and rose gold, white
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Material: Stainless steel
- Voltage: 110 volts
- It produces milk at the desired temperature.
- You can get creative with the recipes from the recipe book.
- Many functionalities are present.
- It can make only a small serving.
- The straining process is time-consuming.
Almond Cow Machine Review
With an average of 4.5 rating on Amazon, the Almond Cow is a popular name among vegan milk makers. With only water, you can make almost any plant-based milk of your choice, including nuts, seeds, and grain milk. I love that the Almond cow machine delivers the same quality of rich milk whether or not your nut has been presoaked.
Although the nut milk maker is a bit pricey, it delivers an excellent result that makes it worth the price. While many milk makers come with a strainer that you can use to separate the pulp from the milk manually, the Almond Cow eliminates this need. The Almond cow consists of the immersive head (the central part of the machine) and the base for holding water. A filter basket is screwed and immersed in the lid before powering the appliance. As the nuts are milled, the milk is directly released into the water while the pulp remains trapped in the filter basket. You don’t have to get your hands messy in a bid to separate the pulp.
Typically, the Almond Cow goes through three cycles with pulses in between. Each cycle takes about 15 seconds to complete. After completing the third cycle, the light on top of the milk maker changes to green, indicating it has completed the process.
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Material: 304 stainless steel
- Color: Black
- Voltage: 110 Volts
- Capacity: 1.1 liter
- It makes a large batch of milk.
- It is fast and efficient and therefore consumes less electricity.
- The top can be pretty heavy to handle. Extra care must be taken when maneuvering the blade.
- You may have to go two rounds for the best result.
- The pulp is not always entirely squeezed. Instead, it requires you to press down with a spatula.
- It works only for cold brew milk and cannot make soy milk.
- The filter basket may not accommodate more than one cup of nut.
Sum Up –Which Milk Maker Do I Prefer?
Having compared the best features, pros, and cons of the Almond Cow and Nutr machine, we can observe the similarity in both and the degree of their functionality. Regardless of some differences, both appliances are great additions to your kitchen. In addition, they are suitable for making a variety of plant-based milk on the go, which is healthier than the store-bought ones.
However, the Nutr machine trumps the Almond Cow in two significant aspects that you cannot overlook. First, the Nutr machine has a temperature control setting that allows it to be suitable for making soy milk and other hot brew milk. Unfortunately, the Almond Cow nut milk maker lacks this important feature.
Secondly, the price of the Nutr machine is lesser. While it goes for $189, the Almond Cow sells for $245. In addition, the Nutr brand is eco-friendly and mindful of the environment. A tree is planted as part of their sustainability efforts for every purchase made. The Nutr machine can only make milk for a single serving on the downside.
I prefer the Nutr machine because you get a milk maker with extra functionality at a lesser price. I also feel good knowing that I’m contributing positively to the environment by supporting the brand.
Hi, I’m Jen from New Mexico. I have been working from home as a graphic designer for a long time. While working at home, I realized that I enjoy spending time in the kitchen. The kitchen is my biggest hobby. I set up this site to relay the products and experiences I’ve tried. I review many kitchen equipment and share them with you!