Are you looking for a quick and easy way to cook diced chicken? Look no further! In this article, we will show you how to cook perfectly tender and juicy diced chicken in a pan. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you can have a delicious meal that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for one or feeding a crowd, this simple method will have you cooking like a pro in no time. So let’s get started!
- 1 pound diced chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
You can adjust the amounts of these ingredients to fit your needs and preferences. For example, if you are cooking for a larger group, you may want to use more chicken and seasonings. You can also add other ingredients, such as minced garlic or chopped herbs, to add more flavor to the dish. The key is to use ingredients that you enjoy and that will complement the flavor of the chicken.
Prep the chicken
- Rinse the diced chicken under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. This will remove any excess moisture and help the seasonings to stick to the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, and paprika (if using). Sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken, making sure to coat all sides.
- Set the chicken aside while you heat the pan. This will allow the seasonings to penetrate the chicken and give it more flavor.
Remember to wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces that come into contact with raw chicken to prevent the spread of bacteria.
Heat the pan
- Place a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Let the oil heat up for a minute or two, until it is hot but not smoking.
- To test the heat of the oil, sprinkle a few drops of water into the pan. If the water sizzles and evaporates quickly, the pan is ready for the chicken. If the water just sits in the pan or evaporates slowly, the pan is not hot enough and you should let it heat up a bit longer.
- Once the pan is heated, you are ready to add the chicken.
Add the chicken to the pan
- Carefully place the chicken in the pan in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. If the chicken is too close together, it will steam instead of sear, and it will not have the same crispy texture.
- Let the chicken cook for about 2-3 minutes without moving it. This will allow it to develop a nice sear and crispy texture.
- Once the chicken is seared on the bottom, use a spatula or tongs to flip the pieces over.
- Let the chicken cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Remember to adjust the heat as needed to prevent the chicken from burning. If the pan gets too hot, you can reduce the heat slightly or add a little bit more oil to the pan.
Cook the diced chicken
- Once the chicken is seared on both sides and cooked through, you can add other ingredients to the pan to create a more flavorful dish. For example, you can add chopped vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms, and sauté them until they are tender. You can also add a liquid, such as chicken broth or white wine, to the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes to create a sauce.
- If you are using vegetables or other ingredients in your dish, you can add the chicken back to the pan and toss it with the vegetables to combine.
- Let the chicken and vegetables cook for a few more minutes until they are heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Once the chicken is cooked to your liking, you can remove it from the heat and serve it immediately. You can serve the chicken on its own, or with a side of rice, pasta, or your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
Remember to adjust the heat and the cooking time as needed to ensure that the chicken is cooked to your desired level of doneness. You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken, or you can cut into a piece to check that it is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Serve and enjoy!
- Once the chicken is cooked to your liking, remove it from the heat and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Serve the chicken immediately, while it is still hot and juicy.
- Enjoy your delicious and satisfying meal!
Remember to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving it, to allow the juices to redistribute and the flavors to develop. You can also garnish the chicken with chopped herbs or a squeeze of lemon juice for added flavor and presentation.
See also: Can You Put Raw Chicken in an Air Fryer?
Hi, I’m Jen from New Mexico. I have been working from home as a graphic designer for a long time. While working at home, I realized that I enjoy spending time in the kitchen. The kitchen is my biggest hobby. I set up this site to relay the products and experiences I’ve tried. I review many kitchen equipment and share them with you!